Dont write a journal for six months. Write two in two days. Sporadicity, aw yea!
But I just need to write another journal because I need someone to gush to. Please tell me one of you is familiar with The World Ends with You? Because oh my god, I just picked it up and fell in love with it all over again. I deleted all of my save data (which was painful, seeing as how I had the game 99.9% complete
but I wanted a fresh start and a new challenge!) and started anew, and now that Im playing through it again I remembered just how amazing it is. Seriously, this game has made me run the emotional gamut, from weeping to cackling hysterically with laughter. There are no words to describe how much I love it. Ive fallen head-over-heels in love with it all over again.
Reasons why TWEWY is fucking awesome:
1. The story. I wont give away any of the big spoilers, but the basic premise is this: you, Neku Sakuraba, wake up in the Scramble Crossing in Shibuya without any recollection of how you got there, and youre instantly thrust into the middle of this game
the Reapers Game. You have seven days to complete the missions given to you by the Game Master
fail to do so, and face erasure. Youre a Player in the Game with no way out, and you and your partner are fighting for a second chance at life. Because all of the Players have one thing in common: youre all dead, and to play in the Game, you had to give up that which you hold most dear. It is an absolutely gripping story. I am so emotionally invested in it, you have no idea.
2. The characters. I dont think Ive ever had a game where Ive loved every single character in it. But this? Oh my god, I love everyone, baddies and goodies alike. Even this dickhead Joshua, who grates me the wrong way and gets on my nerves
I still secretly like him too. Gah, I just cant get over the characters and how their stories all unfold.
3. The humor. This game is fucking funny, let me tell you. I dont even know where to begin. From math jokes (You factoring hectopascals!) to food jokes (The proof is in the pudding
the pudding of their doom!) to slip-ups (Umm.... To write the countless thongs of... Dammit!) to just sheer idiocy (Ha! You're the idiots, yo. I ain't treadin' on thin ice! Shibuya aint cold enough for ice, stupid!), its all so lol-worthy. And yet, it can be so serious when it wants to be. Like I said, its made me cry more than once.
4. The design. Ive never seen anything like it. This game is so revolutionary. I just adore the graphic design and the attention to details. And its done by the same team who worked on Kingdom Hearts, so of course the character designs and outfits are all kickass (by the way? Kariyas vest, Beats hat, and Rhymes pendant. I want them all. I am totally planning on making them this summer). And its not just revolutionary in art style, its also unique in terms of how you can play it you can plan your pin sets based on your own skills and fight using your own techniques, and you can shift the battle settings from Easy to Normal to Hard to Ultimate. Youre your own master. Its a really refreshing way to play.
5. The music. I dont usually play games with full sound on, but this? I constantly have my headphones plugged in so I can rock out to the beat as Im playing it. Plus, I have the soundtrack on my iPod. The music is killer and so much fun to listen to. I never get tired of it.
Long story short, ITS AMAZING. And I really hope that Im not the only one whos familiar with it, because I really need someone to geek out and obsess with over it. xD